Body Fluids and Circulation MCQ can help students evaluate their knowledge of human body fluid composition, functions, and circulation. Answers are also given for body fluids and circulation MCQ with answers to help you remember. Try our body fluids and circulation MCQ with answers to see if you can get all the answers right for the questions below.
Body Fluids and Circulation MCQ
Blood and lymph are the two most important body fluids in the human body. Blood comprises of plasma, white blood cells, red blood cells, and platelets. The transportation of nutrients, wastes, gases, and other substances is carried out by the blood. This process is termed as circulation.
Body Fluids and Circulation MCQ with Answers
1. One of the factors required for erythrocyte maturation is?
a. Vitamin – D
b. Vitamin – A
c. Vitamin – B12
d. Vitamin – C
2. Vitamin-K is required for
a. Change of prothrombin to thrombin
b. Synthesis of prothrombin
c. Change of fibrinogen to fibrin
d. Formation of thromboplastin
3. The thick muscular projections on the ventricle walls are known as?
a. Chordae tendineae
b. Columnae carneae
c. Conus arteriosus
d. Truncus arteriosus
4. Oxalates and citrates are used in stored blood as anticoagulants because they?
a. Chelate calcium ions
b. Act as competitive inhibitors of vitamin K
c. Potentiate anti-thrombin III
d. Activate heparin
5. Histamine is secreted in the blood by?
a. Mast cells
6. A person of the blood group AB?
a. Has A and B antigens in his plasma
b. Lacks any antibodies on RBC surface
c. Can receive blood transfusion from a person of his own group.
d. Can donate blood to all other group recipients
7. The human heart’s inter-atrial septum is best described as?
a. A thin muscular wall
b. A thick muscular wall
c. A thin fibrous tissue
d. A thick fibrous tissue
8. Atrial contraction achieves what percentage of ventricular filling?
9. The QRS complex in a surface ECG represents?
a. Atrial depolarization
b. Atrial repolarization
c. Ventricular depolarization
d. Ventricular repolarization
10. The following activities of the human heart are regulated?
b. By the autonomic nervous system
c. By the brain stem
d. By the diencephalon
11. Myocardial ischemia is known to cause the following symptoms?
12. A decrease in plasma albumin levels is likely to create?
a. Clot formation
b. Oxygenation of hemoglobin
c. Osmotic balance
f. Immune functions
13. An individual who is blood type AB negative
a. Can receive any blood type in moderate amounts
b. Can receive any blood type in moderate amounts except that with the rh antigen
c. Can donate to all blood types in moderate amounts
d. Can receive types a, b and ab but not type O
14. Select the correct order for the hemostasis steps?
a. Blood coagulation, platelet plug formation, blood vessel spasm
b. Platelet plug formation, blood coagulation, blood vessel spasm
c. Blood vessel spasm, platelet plug formation, blood coagulation
d. Blood vessel spasm, blood coagulation, platelet plug formation
15. The hepatic portal vein transports blood from liver from?
We hope body fluids and circulation MCQ with answers post helps you understand body fluids and circulation system. Share our body fluids and circulation MCQ with answers.