Table of Contents
MCQ on carbohydrates with answers can help students evaluate their knowledge of concepts in carbohydrates. Answers are also given for carbohydrates MCQ with answers to help you remember. Try our carbohydrates MCQ with answers to see if you can get all the answers right for the questions below.
MCQ on Carbohydrates with Answers
Carbohydrates are macronutrients and one of the three primary energy sources for our bodies. Carbohydrates are so-called because they are chemically composed of carbon, hydrogen, and oxygen.
Carbohydrates MCQ with Answers
1. The reserve food material of green algae is
- Floridian starch
2. Select the odd one from the following.
3. A pentose sugar reported to be present in heart cells
4. Which of the following is an epimeric pair?
- D-glucose and D-mannose
- D-glucose and D-galactose
- D-glucose and L-glucose
- Both A and B
5. Select the odd one from the following
6. Which of the following sugar give a positive result with Seliwanoff’s test
7. Which of the following is a keto tetrose?
8. Which of the following is an alpha lactone?
- Vit. C
- Vit. D
- Vit. A
- Vit. K
9. A sweetener used in sugar less gums and candies
10. The glycosidic linkage in cellobiose is
- α 1 – 4
- β 1 – 4
- α 1 – 6
- β 1 – 6
11. Which of the following Biomolecules simply refers to as “Staff of life”?
12. Which of the following is the simplest form of carbohydrates?
- Carboxyl groups
- Aldehyde and Ketone groups
- Alcohol and Carboxyl groups
- Hydroxyl groups and Hydrogen groups
13. Which of the following monosaccharides is the majority found in the human body?
- None of the above
14. Which of the following is the most abundant biomolecule on the earth?
- Nucleic acids
15. Which of the following are the major functions of Carbohydrates?
- Structural framework
- Transport Materials
- Both Storage and structural framework
4. Both A and B
8. Vit. C
10. β 1 – 4
12. Aldehyde and Ketone groups
15. Both Storage and structural framework.
We hope carbohydrates MCQ with answers post helps you understand about carbohydrates, structure, function, and importance. Share our carbohydrates MCQ with answers.