MCQ Biodiversity and its Conservation can help students evaluate their knowledge of concepts in Biodiversity and Conservation. Answers are also given for MCQs on biodiversity and its conservation to help you remember. Try our MCQs on biodiversity and its conservation to see if you can get all the answers right for the questions below.
MCQ Biodiversity and Its Conservation
Biodiversity conservation is the protection and management of biodiversity to obtain resources for sustainable development. Conservation of biodiversity has three main objectives: To preserve the diversity of species. Sustainable utilization of species and ecosystem.
MCQs on Biodiversity and Its Conservation
1. What is the most significant cause of biodiversity loss today?
a. Habitat loss and fragmentation
c. Alien species invasions
2. Rio de Janeiro hosted the Earth Summit in?
3. All of these outcomes results biodiversity loss, with the exception of?
a. Decline in plant production
b. Increased resistance to environmental perturbance
c. Increased variability in water use
d. Increased variability in pest and disease cycle
4. The world’s greatest biodiversity can be found in?
a. African grasslands
b. Amazonian rain forest in South America
c. Western Ghats in India
d. Nile delta in Egypt
5. Which biome requires grazing and periodic fire maintenance? It is correct.
a. Scrub forest
c. Tropical/temperate deciduous forest
6. Per capita forest cover in India is
a. 1.06 hac
b. 0.06 hac
c. 0.6 hac
d. 1,6 hac
7. Deforestation generally decreases?
c. Global warming
d. Soil erosion
8. Renewable source of energy is
d. Nuclear fuel
9. The majority of biodiversity zones are?
a. Western Ghats and North-East region
b. Deccan Peninsula and Sunder bans
c. Semi-arid Zone and North-East region
d. Andaman and Nicobar Islands
10. The primary criteria for identifying a hot spot are?
a. Biological augmentation
b. Disruption of interaction networks
c. Number of endemic species and degree of threat
d. Habitat destruction
11. Kerala’s silent valley has been preserved because
a. It contains very rare species of plants and animals
b. The soil is rich in minerals
c. The areas of land were used extensively for agricultural purposes
d. It has pine trees
12. Estuaries are
a. Freshwater wetlands
b. Salt water wetland
c. Least productive ecosystems
d. None of the above
13. Forest area in India is about
14. Approximately half of all world species are present on
a. Tropical rain forest
b. Temperate rain forest
c. Temperate deciduous forest
d. Coral reefs
a. Increases towards the equator
b. Decreases towards the equator
c. Remains same throughout the planet
d. Has no effect on change in latitude
We hope MCQs on biodiversity and its conservation post helps you understand ecology, diversity, and conservation methods, etc. Share our MCQs on biodiversity and its conservation.