MCQ on electrophoresis techniques can help students evaluate their knowledge of concepts in Analytical Biochemistry. Answers are also given for MCQs on electrophoresis to help you remember. Try our MCQs on Electrophoresis to see if you can get all the answers right for the questions below.
MCQ on Electrophoresis Techniques
MCQs on Electrophoresis
1. Electrophoresis technique for separating charged molecules that was created by
2. In electrophoresis, DNA will migrate towards
a. Cathode or positive electrode
b. Anode or negative electrode
c. Cathode or negative electrode
d. Anode or positive electrode
3. The speed of ions migrate in an electric field is determined by
a. Magnitude of charge and mass of molecules
b. Magnitude of charge and shape of molecules
c. Shape and size of the molecule
d. Magnitude of charge, shape and mass of molecules
4. Which of the following statements about biomolecule movement is correct?
a. The rate of migration is directly proportional to the current
b. The rate of migration is inversely proportional to current
c. The rate of migration is directly proportional to the resistance of the medium
d. Low voltage is used for the separation of high molecular weight compounds
5. Electrophoresis equipment, is made up of the following components?
a. Power pack and electrophoresis unit
b. Electrophoresis unit and DNA separator
c. Buffer chamber and Electrophoresis unit
d. Gel, buffer chamber and power pack
6. The most frequent form of DNA separation gel is a
d. All of the above
7. Which approach is best suited for separating big DNA fragments?
8. What role does SDS play in SDS-PAGE?
a. Protein denaturing and imparting net negative charge
b. Imparting overall negative charge to the protein
c. Imparting equal mass to all proteins
d. Protein unfolding and imparting net positive charge
9. The separation in SDS-PAGE is based on
a. Molecular weight
d. All of the above
10. Isoelectric focusing was used in ———— electrophoresis technique.
We hope MCQs on electrophoresis post helps you understand about electrophoresis technique, introduction, principle, applications and limitations. Share our MCQs on electrophoresis.