MCQ questions on Plant Biotechnology; can help students evaluate their knowledge of concepts in Plant Biotechnology and applications. Answers are also given for plant biotechnology MCQ to help you remember. Try our Plant Biotechnology MCQ to see if you can get all the answers right for the questions below.
MCQ Questions on Plant Biotechnology
Plant Biotechnology MCQ
1. Plant biotechnology involves?
a. Production of valuable products in plants
b. Rapid clonal multiplication of desired genotypes
c. Production of virus free plants
d. All of these
2. Techniques used to adapt plants to specific needs or opportunities is known as?
a. Plant Biotechnology
b. Animal Biotechnology
c. Nano biotechnology
d. Molecular Genetics
3. In a cell, protoplast consists of the following except?
a. Cell wall
b. Cell membrane
4. Ti plasmid is beneficial in bringing out?
a. New genes into animal cells
b. New genes into plant cells
c. Tumor cells into plant cells
d. Tumor cells into animal cells
5. What is the name of bacteria is known as a natural plant genetic engineer?
a. Escherichia coli
b. Agrobacterium tumefaciens
c. Pseudomonas aeruginosa
d. Aspergillus niger
6. A plant tissue culture lab’s media room should include the following except?
a. pH meter
b. Autoclave machine
c. Analytical balance
d. Biosafety cabinet
7. Plasmids are found in nature as?
a. Linear single stranded DNA
b. Linear single stranded RNA
c. Linear duplex DNA
d. Circular duplex DNA
8. What does a humidifier do in a growth room?
a. Contaminant reducer
b. Humidity reducer
c. Medium drying preventer
d. Temperature controller
9. What is the name of the Auxin that occurs naturally in plants?
a. 1-napthaleneacetic acid (NAA)
b. 2,4-Dichlorophenoxyacetic acid
c. (2,4-D) C.Indole 3-acetic acid (IAA)
d. 1-napthoxyacetic acid (NOA)
10. Totipotency means?
a. Flowering in Culture medium
b. Development of Fruit
c. Development of Complete Organism
d. None of the above
11. Plant tissue culture is a methodology that has been redefined as?
b. Vegetative propagation
c. Asexual reproduction
12. Polyethylene glycol is?
a. Polyethylene glycol is
b. Electro fusion stimulant
c. Callus stimulant
d. Differentiation stimulant
13. Antisense RNA molecules have a sequence _____ to normal RNA transcripts?
b. Non complementary
14. The product of protoplasm fusion is a _______.
a. Uninucleated cell
b. Multinucleated cell
15. What is the most commonly used solidifying agent in micropropagation?
d. All of these
We hope plant biotechnology MCQ post helps you understand about plant biotechnology basics, instrumentations and applications. Share our plant biotechnology MCQ.