MCQ on Water Pollution with Answers can help students evaluate their knowledge of concepts in environmental pollution and factors influencing it. Answers are also given for MCQ on water pollution to help you remember. Try our MCQ on water pollution to see if you can get all the answers right for the questions below.
MCQ on Water Pollution with Answers
Water pollution is defined as the contamination of water causes by substances that render the water unfit for drinking, cooking, cleaning, swimming, and other activities. Pollution of water is caused by chemicals, trash, bacteria, and parasites. Pollution from the land can seep into an underground stream, then into a river, and finally into the ocean.
MCQ on Water Pollution
1. Water pollution is caused by which of the following factors?
c. Human activities
d. None of these
2. Which of the following claims about compressed natural gas is correct?
a. It is a clean fuel
b. It is a harmful fuel
c. It is a polluting fuel
d. All of the above
3. Which of the following salts is the most common source of water hardness?
a. Magnesium sulphate
b. Magnesium bicarbonate
c. Magnesium carbonate
d. None of the above
4. Which of the following factors is the primary cause of water pollution?
b. Oil refineries
c. Paper factories
d. Both b and c
5. Non-flammable compounds called chlorofluorocarbons are commonly used in?
c. Air conditioners
d. All of the above
6. What are the health effects of drinking water with too much fluoride?
c. Lung disease
d. Intestinal infection
7. Which of the following is the world’s common cause of mortality & disease?
a. Water pollution
b. Radioactive pollution
c. Air pollution
d. Soil pollution
8. Except for the one, all of the following are well-known oil spills.
a. Deepwater Horizon, 2010
b. Love canal disaster
c. Exxon Valdes, 1991
d. Gulf War, 1991
9. The term “eutrophication caused by sewage pollution” refers to the process of
a. Nutrient enrichment of freshwater bodies
b. Nutrient depletion of freshwater bodies
c. Toxic chemical accumulation in freshwater bodies
d. Heavy metal accumulation in freshwater bodies
10. Which of the following is the primary cause of algal bloom?
a. Presence of heavy metals
b. Contamination by pathogens
d. Soil erosion
11. Which of the following is the most important cause of biomagnification?
b. Detergent pollution
c. Pesticide pollution
d. Industrial pollution
12. Which of the following is NOT a sign of organic water pollution?
13. The presence of blue baby syndrome is caused by the presence of
a. Excess sulphate in drinking water
b. Excess chlorine in drinking water
c. Excess heavy metals in drinking water
d. Excess nitrates in drinking water
14. Mercury poisoning in water is the reason for
b. Minimata disease
c. Itai-Itai disease
15. Poisoning that causes itai-itai disease is?
a. Pb poisoning
b. Cd poisoning
c. Hg poisoning
d. Cu poisoning
We hope MCQ on water pollution post helped you to understand about water pollution and its impacts. Share our MCQ on water pollution!