Bioinformatics MCQ with answers
1. Which of the following is an example of a tool for homology and similarity?
2. When was the SWISSPROT protein sequence database established?
3. Which of the following scientists was first to create a bioinformatics database?
c. Richard Durbin
5. Which of the following tools is used for motif recognition?
d. Pattern hunter
6. In the year __________, the first molecular biology server expasy took place.
9. Which of the following compounds has the potential to be a drug?
a. Fit drug
c. Fit compound
d. All of the above
10. Proteomics refers to the study of __________.
a. Set of proteins in a specific region of the cell
c. Set of proteins
d. The entire set of expressed proteins in the cell
11. Which of the following is not a bioinformatics application?
a. Drug designing
b. Data storage and management
c. Understand the relationships between organisms
d. None of the above
12. The term “in-vitro” is derived from the Latin word for__________.
a. Within the lab
b. Within the glass
c. Outside the lab
d. Outside the glass
13. In computer science, the stepwise method for solving problems is known as?
d. Sequential design
14. The term Bioinformatics was coined by __________.
a. J.D Watson
b. Pauline Hogeweg
c. Margaret Dayhoff
d. Frederic Sanger
15. The computer simulation refers to __________.
a. Dry lab
d. Wet lab