Microbiology MCQ can help students evaluate their knowledge of microbiology importance and functions. Answers are also given for MCQ Microbiology to help you remember. Try our MCQ Microbiology to see if you can get all the answers right for the questions below.
The study of living creatures that are not visible to the naked eye is known as microbiology. Microbiology is the study of all microorganisms such as amoeba, protozoa, viruses, and bacteria. Microbes are important in nutrient cycling, decomposition, food spoilage, disease control and prevention, and biotechnology. They can be utilised for a variety of purposes due to their adaptability.
1. What is the definition of microbiology?
a. Study of molecules that are visible to human eyes
b. Study of animals and their family
c. Study of organisms that are not visible to naked eyes
d. Study of microscope
2. Who is considered to be the father of microbiology?
a. Edwin John Butler
b. Ferdinand Cohn
c. Robert Koch
d. Antoni van Leeuwenhoek
3. Which of the following microorganisms uses light to perform photosynthesis?
a. Cyanobacteria, Fungi and Viruses
4. Microorganisms produce which of the following?
a. Alcoholic beverages
b. Fermented dairy products
d. All of the mentioned
5. What is the bacterial cell’s approximate size?
a. 1mm in diameter
b. 0.5 to 1.0 micrometer in diameter
c. 2mm in diameter
d. 2 micrometer in diameter
6. In light microscopy, the highest resolution is attained with.
a. Shortest wavelength of visible light used
b. Longest wavelength of visible light used
c. An objective with minimum numerical aperture
d. Shortest wavelength of visible light used and objective with the maximum aperture
7. In an electron microscope, which of the following is used?
a. Electron beams and magnetic fields
b. Light waves
c. Magnetic fields
d. Electron beams
8. Which of the following organisms is a “Spirochete”?
a. Streptomyces sp.
b. Treponema pallidum
c. Spirillum volutans
d. Corynebacterium diphtheriae
9. Bacteria with flagella clusters at both poles of cells are known as?
10. Bacterial respiratory chains are linked to the
a. Cytoplasmic membrane
b. Cell wall
d. Mitochondrial membrane
11. Phosphorus is an important component of.
b. Teichoic acid
d. All of the mentioned
12. Which of the following microorganisms is Staphylococcus aureus?
b. Mesophile and psychrophile
13. Growth of bacteria or microorganisms refers to?
a. Changes in the total population
b. An increase in number of cells
c. An increase in the size of an individual organism
d. An increase in the mass of an individual organism
14. Which of the following bacteria are microaerophilic?
15. What are the structural components of fungi’s cell walls?
d. Chitin, cellulose, or hemicellulose
We hope MCQ microbiology post helps you understand about basics of microbiology, importance and applications. Share our MCQ microbiology.