Mineral Nutrition MCQ can help students evaluate their knowledge of minerals importance and functions. Answers are also given for MCQ on mineral nutrition to help you remember. Try our MCQ on mineral nutrition to see if you can get all the answers right for the questions below.
Mineral Nutrition MCQ
Carbon, hydrogen, oxygen, nitrogen, phosphorus, sulphur, potassium, calcium, and magnesium are examples of macronutrients. Carbon, hydrogen, and oxygen are primarily obtained from CO2 and H2O, while the others are absorbed as mineral nutrition from the soil.
MCQ on Mineral Nutrition
1. A common symptom of P, K, Ca, and Mg deficiency in plants is the?
a. Bending of leaf tip
b. Formation of anthocyanins
c. Poor development of vasculature
d. Appearance of dead necrotic tissue
2. Function of zinc is
a. Closing of stomata
b. Biosynthesis of 3-IAA
c. Synthesis of chlorophyll
d. Oxidation of carbohydrate
3. Which of the following is a micronutrient group?
a. Ca, Zn, B
b. Fe, Mn, Cu
c. Cl, C, Ca
d. Ni, Mo, H
4. The process of converting NO2 to N2 is known as?
d. Nitrogen Fixation
5. Formation of first stable product of nitrogen fixation is catalysed by enzyme?
d. None of these
6. Manganese toxicity causes a deficiency in?
d. All of the above
7. Chlorosis will occur if a plant is grown in?
c. Strong light
d. Fe – free medium
8. Choose the correct function of magnesium?
a. It is a constituent of several coenzyme.
b. It activates the enzymes of respiration and photosynthesis.
c. It activates enzyme catalase.
d. It helps in maintaining anion-cation balance.
9. Mineral salts which are absorbed by the roots from soil are in the form of?
a. Dilute solution
b. Very concentrated solution
c. Concentrated solution
d. Very dilute solution
10. Which of the following minerals is involved in biological nitrogen fixation?
11. Oxygen scavengers found in legume root nodules is?
b. Leg haemoglobin
c. Cyano haemoglobin
d. None of these
12. Which of the following does not qualify as a micronutrient?
13. Which of the following does not qualify as a macronutrient?
14. Insectivorous plants grow where?
a. There is carbohydrate deficient soil
b. There is nitrogen deficient soil
c. Vitamin c is required
d. Hormones are required
15. Phytotron is meant for?
a. Controlled humidity
b. Induction of mutations
c. Controlled irradiation
d. Growing plants under controlled environment
We hope MCQ on mineral nutrition post helped you to understand about minerals and its functions. Share our MCQ on mineral nutrition!