Table of Contents
rDNA Technology MCQ can help students evaluate their knowledge of concepts in Biotechnology. Answers are also given to help you remember. Try our MCQ on rDNA Technology to see if you can get all the answers right for the Recombinant DNA technology MCQs with answers PDF questions below.
rDNA Technology MCQ
Recombinant DNA technology that uses enzymes to cut and paste together DNA sequences of interest.
Recombinant DNA technology MCQs with answers PDF
1. Which restriction enzymes result in blunt ends?
2. Gene created by joining of DNA segments originating from two sources is known as?
- Recombinant gene
- Joined gene
- Both a and b
- Chimeric gene
3. Which enzymes are employed to cut DNA molecules in rDNA technology?
- Restriction Enzymes
4. The enzymes that restrict are also referred to as?
- Biological Scissors
- Molecular Scalpels
- Molecular Knives
- All of These
5. The most significant discovery that led to creation of rDNA technology was?
- Double Helix Model of Watson and Crick
- Discovery of Restriction Enzymes
- Discovery of Ligase Enzyme
- Discovery of Plasmids
6. Restriction enzymes are named for?
- The person who discovered
- The bacterium they are derived from
- The viral DNA that they attack
- None of the above
7. First discovered, Type II restriction endonuclease was?
- Hinf I
- Eco K
- Hind II
8. The plasmid used by Cohen and Boyer for their transformation experiment was?
- pSC 101
- PUC 17
- pBR 322
- E.coli plasmids
9. The mechanism of intake of DNA fragments from the surrounding medium by a cell is called?
- Both A and B
10. The first recombinant DNA molecule was synthesized in the year?
11. Which observation was made by Avery, Macleod, and McCarty?
- DNA is a duplex molecule
- DNA can be taken up from medium
- DNA can denature at high temperatures
- DNA is more stable than RNA
12. Who developed the chemical techniques to synthesize polynucleotides?
- Barbara McClintock
- James Watson
- Fredrick Sanger
- Gobind Khorana
13. Which of the following enzymes in bacteria are responsible for restricting the growth of viruses?
- Restriction Endonuclease
14. Which enzyme is used to join together two different types of DNA molecules?
15. Who created the first rDNA molecule?
- Nathan, Arber and Smith
- Watson, Crick and Wilkins
- Boyer and Cohen
- Paul Berg
2. Chimaeric gene
3. Restriction Enzymes
4. Biological Scissors
5. Discovery of restriction enzymes
6. The bacterium they are derived from
7. Hind II
8. pSC 101
11. DNA can be taken up from medium
12. Gobind Khorana
13. Restriction Endonuclease
15. Paul Berg
We hope Recombinant DNA technology MCQs with answers PDF post helps you understand about rDNA technology, uses, advantages and limitations. Share Recombinant DNA technology MCQs with answers PDF article.